Office 365 Apps - Install Guide
Office 365 ProPlus is being renamed to Microsoft 365 Apps and you may see references to this when using your installed applications.
The Deepings School is able to provide Office 365, free of charge, to students and staff under the terms of our school Microsoft licence. Office 365 includes the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more.
You can install Office on up to 5 compatible PCs or Macs, 5 tablets, and 5 smartphones.
- Click the tile below to launch the Office 365 login page
- Sign in with your school email address and school password. Your school email address is your school username (the one you use to sign into the school computers and Connect) followed by @deepings.anthemtrust.uk
e.g. Username 18ASmith would be 18ASmith@deepings.anthemtrust.uk
- Once signed in, click on the 'Install Office' dropdown in the top right hand corner
- Click 'Office 365 Apps'
- A download will begin. Once downloaded, click to run
- Office will now being to download to your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions. Installation can take a while depending on the Internet connection speed.
- Once installed, open an app such as Word and read and accept the terms and conditions.
- A pop up should appear asking you to select a Default File Type. Select Office Open XML formats then click OK.
- Click 'Sign In' in the top right hand corner of the Office App you opened and enter your school email address and password. This will connect the additional services to the Office installation, such as OneDrive.
- If using Windows 10, a prompt may appear on screen asking 'Allow my organization to manage my device'. Make sure to select 'This app only'.